First- I’m going to hide this blog after Tuesday. Not delete it, just hide it. So it’ll show back up in 6 months or so. I’m putting our farmblog on our Save-The-Dates so people can check for updates and I don’t want people finding this blog by mistake.
Second- I showed MrC pictures of me in my wedding dress.
People told me not to but I did it for many reasons:
1) MrC’s first reactions to things? He tries to understand them. So instead of focusing on the moment, he’s analyzing. By him seeing it, there are no surprises for him to analyze. He knows it has some poof. He knows I love it.
2) I spent double what I wanted to on the dress. An amount that’s equal to BOTH our mortgage payments for a month. Yes, I already ordered it. But if he really hated it? I would’ve found a way to get a new dress. I can’t just spend that much money on something he hated. Wedding dress or no.
3) I made him delete the picture. That way he can’t see it again for 6 months. Obviously he won’t forget it totally… but he won’t be able to see it again until the wedding.
4) When I told MrC how much the dress cost? His only reaction was “Oh. Okay.” And then when I brought up his lack of “HOLY SHIT YOU SPENT HOW MUCH ON A DRESS” response? He simply said “This means I get to spend a crazy amount of money on something.” That was it. No giving me a hard time. No asking me why I didn’t shop around for a better price.
5) People are right when they say when you try on a dress you love, you’ll know it. This dress was the 3rd one I tried on. It’s poofy. And as soon as I put it on? I felt… right. I loved it. I loved the details. The feel. The fact that I never pictured myself in a poofy dress but that I loved it. I didn’t want to take it off. There was another dress that I loved too but I couldn’t forget the feeling of this one. So now I’ll be the almost-30-year-old in a poofy dress. But fuck it. This is the only time I’ll be able to get away with wearing a poofy dress.
6) Dress shopping was really intimidating. People told me to ‘try on as many dresses as you can’! But that’s not me. I think I tried on 7 dresses total. But that was all I needed. And I didn’t throw up. And it was fun. I had the people around me who I wanted there - 3 of my sisters, my mom, AFriend, JFriend, and CFriend. Honest people who know me… and people who when I get a little irritable (mostly b/c of being anxious about the whole thing) they don’t take it personally.
7.) PEOPLE. I had a get a size 14 dress. SIZE 14 dress! While they could’ve ordered me a 12, they were a little worried about one area and said that I could always get it taken in but letting it out is hard. So whatever. But I ramp up my cardio workouts to 45 minutes this week and 50 minutes next week. Goal is to have to get it altered to a size 10 by the wedding. (Not saying anything about anyone who wears a size 14… it’s just higher than I’ve ever had to go… and I’ve been working out consistently for a month and a half now!) And even if I don’t make it to the smaller size? I don’t care. I will still be in the best shape I’ve ever been in by that point. Size 14 or no.